What is vacuum sealer?
Vacuum sealer is an appliance that helps to preserve food for a long time by sucking out air from a special type of plastic bag and seal it. Thereby our food is strictly protected; avoid the attack of harmful bacteria, so the quality of our food is guaranteed.
How is the role of vacuum sealer?
It is sorely needed for every family. Why? Because protecting our food is also protecting our lives and health.
If you ignore it, you will certainly take risks; do not forget healthy is gold!
What is our mission?
Vacuum sealer is an extremely important appliance. It is like a shield protecting our food, preserving our health. However, many of you do not understand the great benefits of the appliance. You do not know how to pick the most suitable vacuum sealer with your need. Therefore, we are here to help you find out the best vacuum sealer for you by our vacuum sealer reviews – This is our mission.
Owning a good vacuum sealer will definitely help you save more money, save more time and become stronger. You will manage your food better and will never have to worry about wasting your food.
Standing amid a sea of different products, you will be very confused. In order to help you reach this market easier, and have an overview. We made a brief but thorough comparison among three different models of FoodSaver vacuum sealing system. Of course, each model in the list has its own unique features, such as affordable price, easy to use, good design, top rated, and high performance.
We hope our reviews would help you in deciding which model to purchase. It pretty much depends on your needs, which is the subjective part of the comparison. For our part, we give a comparison on the objective side, comparing on specific factors.
We are making comparisons on top three best vacuum sealers:
FIRST CHOICE – FoodSaver 4840 2-in-1 Automatic Vacuum Sealing System
BEST CHOICE – FoodSaver V3240 Vacuum Sealing System
GOOD CHOICE – FoodSaver V2244 Vacuum Sealing System
Five aspects should be compared to buying a vacuum sealer
Among the choices, the V2244 is the most affordable, while the 4840 is the most expensive. All models do a great job in vacuum and sealing foods in bags, rolls and canisters. However, the cost distinctions rely on the features of the different models, their individual usability and the supposed freebies that come with it in the starter kits.
- V2244 is the most basic of vacuum sealers. It is not fancy, and is very practical. It is a standard countertop model that does not take much space. It is handy and easy to use although it is a manual operation. This model is no-frills it works simply and effectively.
- V3240 has some frills into it. Although it is manually operated, like the V2244, this model gives options to vacuum speeds and food settings (moist or dry) so you have wider berth of usage. It also has a built-in roll holder and cutter, which is very convenient when you are using rolls instead of pre-cut bags. If you want to save on packaging, using rolls is more economical, and having a built-in cutter makes sure you make a good, clean cut so you don’t waste any roll when vacuum sealing.
- 4840 is a 2-in-1 automatic vacuum sealer loaded with special features. It is automatic and easily detects the bag. It also detects the food content of the bag and automatically adjusts the settings for it. It has double features of having a retractable handheld vacuum sealer used for canisters and to marinate food, and a more conventional vacuum sealer to use on bags. Its edge is it makes vacuum sealing fancy, but easy. For homemakers with a million other things to do, easy is good.
Aside from the varying features of each model, the distinction in prices may also be affected by the inclusions in the starter kits. The V2244 and V3240 have the same items in their starter kits; the 4840 has a more extensive one. Aside from the ones it has similar with the V2244 and V3240 like the heat seal rolls, quart bags, gallon bags and accessory hose, the inclusions of the 4840 also have the zipper bags, expandable heat-seal rolls, jar sealer and bottle stopper.
- The more basic V2244 is a flat, horizontal vacuum sealer that makes a good fit on the counter top. The buttons to operate are all found in the front. There are just three buttons to choose from – seal, vacuum and seal and off. When seal is done, it will just stop. However, you have the off button so you can manually stop the operation. It is basic and easy to operate.
- The V3240 has a vertical design. It occupies less counter space, but is taller and leaner. If you have hanging cabinets over your kitchen counter, you may want to measure its height before getting a V3240. It is compact, but still houses a built-in roll holder and cutter, which gives you wide versatility. The buttons and controls are easily visible and accessible in the front part. This model is a white space shuttle that will look good in any kitchen. It also has an accessory port and hose, and you need to purchase attachments so you can use to vacuum seal canisters and jars.
- The 4840 is the bulkiest and heaviest, because of its dual functions. It is colored silver, and if V3240 is a space shuttle, 4840 is the Star Wars battleship. It has that sleek, very contemporary design that hides the bulkiness well because of its vertical symmetry. This unit is a good investment because you would not be limited in functions. It vacuum seals a wide array of bags, rolls and containers, and is able to efficiently and quickly marinate meats.
- The V2244 operates manually, which some actually prefer so they can be more in control. This model has a manual easy lock latch, which you lift up, then put the bag in between the rubber gasket, then pull down to effectively clip on the bag for a wide, tight seal. It just takes one press of a button to start, and it automatically shuts off after the vacuum and seal is done. While it does not specify how many bags, it can seal before rest, when the machine is too hot, or when it does not seal properly anymore, take a break. Put off the machine to cool down.
- TheV3240 is a good combination of manual and automatic operations. You put the bag in manually into the easy-lock bar. Choose between two vacuum speeds depending on the food you have inside the bag. There is also a Crush Free instant seal for delicate foods like chips. You can also manually control the vacuum by pressing Seal button to stop the suction. For seal, there are also two options – moist or dry. By default, it seals as dry so press moist if you have food with some liquid in it, like burger patties. The manufacturer does not specify any cool down period, but one user wrote a review saying he used his V3240 for an hour of sealing non-stop. This model also makes a wide seal, and has drip tray.
- The 4840 is a 2-in-1 automatic vacuum sealer. It is very versatile. First, it has a built-in retractable handheld vacuum sealer that you use to seal zipper bags, containers and jars. This can also be use for a quick marinate of meat. Second, it functions as a normal countertop vacuum sealer you can use on bags and rolls. It is fully automatic so you just need to put the bag at the front part where the seal bar is, and once detected, it will pull it in. The model will the automatically vacuum and seal, and will stop once done. However, it also has a PulseVac feature that allows manual start or stop of the vacuum process. This is a handy option if you are vacuum sealing gentle or fragile food. There is also a manual option in sealing foods where you choose between moist or dry. This model also has a built-in roll holder and cutter.
> Foodsaver V2244:
- If you are just starting to discover the usages of a vacuum sealing system, it is good to start with the V2244. This is a good model for the newbie’s. Most often, housewives or homemakers who want to save up on food costs by buying in bulk or by ensuring the preservation of leftover purchase this. Some have orchards or gardens of their own fruits or vegetables, and when they harvest, they want to extend the shelf life of their produce. Isn’t it amazing to have fruits that are out of season?
- This model operates manually. You open the latch to put the edge of the bag for vacuum sealing, and then you close the latch to lock it in place. To start the vacuum sealing, you press a button. Although this procedure sounds archaic, there are older models that require you to hold down on the button to keep the operation going. What this V2244 does automatically is stop the vacuum sealing when it is all done. Therefore, you do not have to guess if the air is all out or if the seal is done.
- If you want to use rolls, this model unfortunately has no built-in holder and cutter, but no matter what because you just cut straight your rolls by scissors. Is this model user friendly? Yes, especially for new users.
> Foodsaver V3240:
- The V3240 is a level up compared to the more basic V2244. Some refer to it as ‘middle of the road’ because it is not so basic, but not so fancy either. It allows you to control speed of vacuum and the settings on seal, which offer you options depending on what foods you are vacuum sealing.
- There is also the option to manually control the vacuum by pressing Seal when you think the suction process has been completed. This may be something a newbie may not know how to do so this machine is a better match for those who have ‘mastered’ the art of vacuum sealing.
- One of the best features of this model is the built-in roll holder and cutter. This model is a good fit for those who want to do more than just seal bags. It has an accessory port and hose so you can use this vacuum sealer on canisters and jars, and as a marinator to quickly marinate meats.
> Foodsaver 4840:
- The model 4840 is a good match for those who have a food business, like a small restaurant or catering, or for a businessperson who makes and retails food products, like homemade ham.
- It is fully automatic so you can be more relaxed. It automatically detects the bag, and starts the vacuum sealing. It also stops when it is done. However, it does need your input as to the kind of foods inside so you press a seal option for dry or moist foods. In addition, because it has a retractable nozzle, you can easily and with less fuss compared to other models vacuum seal canisters, jars and zipper bags. You can even vacuum seal your bottle of favorite wine, which you opened but cannot finish.
- Part of its starter kit is the liquid lock bags, which makes it possible to vacuum seal soups and sauces without any spill or mess. Also included are expandable bags that will allow you to vacuum seal a whole 4lb turkey, or a whole casserole dish.
- The 4840 also functions as a quick marinator for meats. This model is great if you have a food business, because it can do many things in your kitchen.
- All the models are sturdy enough to carry around if needed. Although by practice, most users pick a spot in their kitchen to place it in, and it stays there while in use or even after. The less you move around your equipment, the less chances of it falling, breaking or malfunctioning.
- If you plan to bring your vacuum sealer on a hiking or camping trip, you may do so provided, of course, you have electricity. However, if you plan to do this on a more permanent basis, like for those who do game fishing, there is actually a model specifically made for the outdoors, such as Foodsaver Gamesaver Deluxe model.
- Meanwhile, the V2244 is the smallest and most compact among the other models. Understandably, we can safely surmise it is the least heavy. The V3240 is the second least heavy. Although it may look lean because of its vertical design, it still is a bit heavier than the more basic model. Lastly, the 4840 2-in-1 is the heavy weight, but given its multiple functions, it can still be referred to as compact.
OUR FINAL CONCLUSION
- Based on the different criteria we have explored, the FoodSaver 4840 2-in-1 Automatic Vacuum Sealing System is the big winner. It is cost-effective because its price still gives us more value with its various functions plus the great savings on the inclusions of its starter kit.
- Design wise, the 4840 model is elegant and compact with its lean vertical design. Therefore, although it has multiple features, it does not look like a white elephant in your kitchen, but more like a lean and tall beautiful giraffe.
- In the criteria of performance, the 4840 is a great kitchen mate with its automatic functions and versatility. Its machine is strong enough to weather multiple vacuum seals without need to cool down in between seals.
- When it comes to usability, the 4840 is user friendly. The multiple functions do not need to overwhelm you, because the machine can operate by itself. However, the buttons are there to give you the option to manually operate it.
- Finally, in terms of portability, while the 4840 is a heavy weight among the lightweights, the many functions it can perform outweigh the importance of having lesser weight.
The greatest benefit the FoodSaver 4840 2-in-1 Automatic Vacuum Sealing System can give us is its versatility. We can do many things with this machine. We can vacuum seal bags, rolls, canisters and jars. It also can marinate meats for us. In addition, we can do all these with so much ease because of its automatic functions. The Foodsaver 4840 is great – you do not ignore it!
Buy it now
Top Rated Vacuum Sealer Brands in 2016
There are many brands of vacuum sealer on the market as FoodSaver, GameSaver, Weston, Nesco, VacMaster, Seal-a-Meal, and so on. However, you should use the top vacuum sealer brands in order to get high-quality products and reputable services.
List of best rated vacuum sealer brands:
FoodSaver is a part of Jarden Corporation, which is #1 vacuum sealer brand on the market. There are many models of the brand and people love to have a FoodSaver vacuum sealer because of their performance, durability, affordable price and excellent technology.
Jarden Consumer Solutions have a long history of development and have built a great reputation on the world. As a result, the FoodSaver’s products are excellent and provide good technology to consumers.
Weston is another best brand of vacuum sealer, which is founded in 1884. This is a Canadian food and electronics company, which have variety of products in the electronics field.
Like other field, Weston has successfully become a well-known and trusted name in the vacuum sealer make. Because of the highly efficient and durable vacuum sealers, people love the vacuum sealers of the brand. Providing stainless steel body design is one of the strength of the vacuum sealer brand.
VacMaster is one of the leading manufacturers of vacuum sealer in the world. This company provides high-quality chamber vacuum sealer in various models. The brand is not only known for vacuum sealers but also industrial motors.
If you read some VacMaster vacuum sealer reviews, you can easily see the brand’s reputation. Providing perfect features and latest technologies are the strength of the brand.
The best chamber vacuum sealers of VacMaster are VacMaster VP210, VacMaster VP215 or VacMaster VP112S model.
Here you have known clearly about the vacuum sealer market. We are sure.
Hope that our knowledge gives you the useful information. We will always try to provide the best vacuum sealer reviews to the dear readers.
Thank you for coming and please continue to visit our website. There are many interesting things waiting for you.