|FoodSaver V3240 Pic||FoodSaver V3240 Automatic Vacuum Sealing System
Rating of Our Expert:
FoodSaver V3240 Price
FoodSaver V3240 is top-notch vacuum sealer with user-friendly design. It is efficient and sturdy model. Its Food and Speed settings help optimize your sealing.
FoodSaver V3240 Details
HOW I GET THE FOODSAVER V3240?
I am no tech-genius. I think changing a light bulb is rocket science. A few months after our first baby, I began making our own baby food from fruits and vegetables. A friend suggested I get a vacuum sealing system so I can make the baby food by batches. Saves time and money that way. I was hesitant, of course, because I thought it would be rocket science part 2, but the need to save time (more than money when you have a baby) was too urgent that I gave in. I am now a proud owner of a FoodSaver V3240, and because I like things easy, I bought the starter kit so I wouldn’t have to think what accessories or other stuff to buy.
The starter kit included a vacuum sealer, of course, with a roll, and a few bags, and the accessory hose. I read the manual and experimented. It was easy to use the pre-cut bags, the quart-size and the gallon-size, but I later realized it was more economical to make my own sizes especially that I save the baby food per serving, and one serving is not much. I have yet to try the accessory hose, but need to buy the containers. I’m thinking that as the baby grows and eats more, I will seal his food in the containers instead of the plastic bags. Foodsaver V3240 is very convenient for all.
WHY I PICK FOODSAVER V3240 MODEL?
The FoodSaver V3240 model is topnotch in vacuum sealing and preserving food products. It does a good suction and seal that the taste and over-all quality of our baby food is preserved. Even when it is stored in the freezer, it does not have freezer burn on it.
If you are a Mom to a baby, I strongly suggest you make your own baby food and vacuum seal it. I am more assured that what I make is healthy and hygienic for our baby compared to the store-bought baby food.
If you like to buy in bulk to save on time and money, you can only do that if you preserve your food in an efficient way. You need a FoodSaver V3240 so your food can last up to five times more.
BEST FEATURES OF THIS FOODSAVER MODEL
The FoodSaver V3240 Automatic Vacuum Sealing System with Starter Kit includes:
- FoodSaver V3240 Vacuum Sealer.
- 1 Roll (11 in x 10 ft) Heat-seal.
- 3 pcs Quart-size Heat-Seal Bags.
- 2 pcs Gallon-size Heat-Seal Bags.
- Accessory hose.
The easy-to-use vacuum sealer has:
- Speed settings for vacuum speed based on food type – normal / gentle.
- Food settings for seal level – moist / dry.
- Built-in storage for the heat-seal roll, with cutter.
- Extra-wide seal strip for a tight, sure seal.
- Dishwasher-friendly drip tray that can be easily removed / returned.
- Accessory port and hose for use when vacuum sealing in canisters or containers.
What is most notable is the different settings for speed. Like when I am vacuum sealing cornflakes, then I use gentle to make sure I don’t break them. Same with chips. But when I am vacuum sealing meat products, then I use normal speed.
There is also a seal setting for moist food and dry food. It is easy to seal dry food, but when dealing with moist or wet stuff, like pureed carrots, the liquid can get sucked out so I freeze it in an ice cube tray, and put 2 cubes for one serving.
Click here to see more features of the Foodsaver v3240
PRO’S AND CON’S
I am satisfied with my FoodSaver V3240 Vacuum Sealing System. It is easy to use. Although it has given me one panic moment, I still think this model is a right fit for me.
My favorite things about FoodSaver V3240:
- It has a strong suction, and I love watching the plastic bag shrinking. I know it has an effective suction because I have never had a bad experience with freezer burn, which is what you get if you put wrongly-packed food in the freezer. It gets a grayish-brownish leathery film on top, and while it is not hazardous, it does change the texture and appearance of the food, making it well, unattractive and unappealing for consumption.
- It also has a solid seal. No leakage, no broken seal.
- The machine is sturdy and its vertical-size looks good on the countertop without occupying way too much space, like some big models do. it has a great design.
- It is easy to use. To seal, it just takes one touch.
My not-so-great experience with FoodSaver V3240:
- Once the door jammed on me, and I panicked. I couldn’t pull the bag out (not the right thing to do), and I can’t push it out either (impossible thing to do). My hero, my husband, took over. He simply unplugged the item, let it rest for a while, then he removed the 6 screws from the bottom, and turned the main gear until it un-jammed. When he put it back on, it worked fine, and has not jammed since then.
When you are a Mom, like me, we worry too much about the unsafe and unhealthy foods that are in the market. I have peace of mind that my baby is getting the best when I personally prepare his food. I buy fruits and vegetables from a trusted grocer, while some I get from my parent’s garden (peas, squash and apples). I wash it well, and personally prepare it from the cooking to the vacuum sealing and freezing. I am assured that it is safe and healthy for consumption. I think all families need to own a vacuum sealer like Foodsaver V3240 to preserve our food.
price of foodsaver v3240
PROOF FROM CUSTOMERS
In between putting the baby to sleep, preparing his food and doing house chores, I research about our mean machine, the FoodSaver V3240. I like to read up on how I can maximize its use. I read other people’s feedback and experiences. Here are a few I like most:
- A great guy actually taught me how to cut a roll. He shares this instruction: put the roll on the top, lift the plastic bar, pull out the required length of the roll, then fold down the plastic bar, pushing it down a bit. Slide the cutter through the entire length to make a good cut.
- When I first used the vacuum sealer for some meat, I had to re-seal a few times before I got it right. I read from another FoodSaver user that it helps to hold up the bag a bit to level with the seal strip when sealing bulky items. As it turns out, when it is bulky or heavy, it pulls down the bag so it has to be held up.
- A Wisconsin user grills burgers, chicken and steak before winter comes so when it’s cold and dark outside, there is no need to grill anymore. The vacuum sealed grilled food just needs heating up before serving. We enjoy great weather in California, but just in case we find ourselves in a snow-prone area, I think this recommendation will come in handy.
- Another user who uses mostly jars and containers suggests using FoodSaver brands as well as it may not fit or work with other brands of containers and jars. Meanwhile, still another shares that a less-pricey brand of bags can be used instead of FoodSaver brand. As to what brand that is, guess we have to find out.
You still have some unclear points about this appliance? You are in two minds?
MY FINAL ADVICE FOR YOU
We grew up in the days when store-bought food was just as good as homemade. Unfortunately, times have changed and you hear in the news reports of food poisoning, food recalls, use of banned chemicals and that sort. If you are a Mom like me, you don’t want your child eating unsafe and unhealthy foods. At this point, I am just talking about baby food. So the alternative to store-bought is making our own using fresh fruits and vegetables, and preserving this prepared food by vacuum sealing it.
Years from now, I still expect to be using my FoodSaver V3240 as I use it now for left-over’s and food purchases done in bulk. I would want my child to go to school with lunch prepared by his Mom. I look forward to freezing homemade soup and heating it for his lunch. I would feel better that he is eating my food than the food in the cafeteria.
This same principle applies to you, too. It doesn’t just have to be for your children. When you are on diet, or when you want healthier lunch food, you can make your own pasta, vacuum-seal it and you can re-heat in your office when ready to be consumed. It is a quick meal yet healthy and totally safe.
Get your own FoodSaver V3240 Vacuum Sealing System now! and start working on that healthy eating.
Reviewed by Pauline Guertin from San Diego.