|FoodSaver v4880 Pic||Foodsaver V4880 Fully Automatic Vacuum Sealing System
Rating of Our Expert:
FoodSaver v4880 Price
Foodsaver V4880 fully automatic is the perfect machine contains complete accessories. Its operation is very simple, convenient and safe. This is a versatile and efficient machine.
FoodSaver v4880 Details
GREAT SUPPORT FORM FOODSAVER V4880
Our two daughters are just one year apart in school, and both are active in different organizations. We have bake sales for fundraising, camping trips and out-of-town sports competitions. Since I am a professional mom, I commit to each event with my presence and whatever cookies or goodies I can bake.
Since buying our Foodsaver V4880 Fully Automatic Vacuum Sealing System, this machine has become my helpmate in the kitchen. I have baked thousands of cookies, vacuum sealed them and gave them to the girls for fundraising. I have cooked soup, vacuum sealed it and packed it for my girls for an out-of-town swim meet. I have vacuum sealed survival kits of matches, cookies and medicines for overnight camping. If you are a mom with very active children, you really need a pro assistant as Foodsaver v4880.
WHY I NEED THIS VACUUM SEALER?
The Foodsaver V4880 Fully Automatic vacuum seals food to preserve it for longer period of time. It also locks in the freshness so the food remains delicious. When I bake cookies, I bake many batches so I can save on bulk purchases of raw materials. Even months after, it remains top quality.
This vacuum sealing machine is so easy to use because it is fully automatic. It makes the vacuum sealing process easy and fast. Foodsaver v4880 is a perfect system for us!
BEST FEATURES OF FOODSAVER V4880 MODEL
- I bought our Foodsaver V4880 Fully Automatic Vacuum Sealing System with rolls and bags included. It also had other food containers but my favorite was the wine stopper, which was such a revelation.
- When you put your bag in, the machine auto-detects it and automatically starts the vacuum sealing. It makes a wide strip seal so the bag is air-tight. There are two variations for the vacuum speed, which adjusts itself automatically depending on the food inside – dry or wet. There is also an option to do manual air removal should you want it, and it is called Pulse Vac.
- You can also use it to quickly marinate meat, and this is one of my favorites. Even coming from a school activity, I can still feed my hungry girls good steak without having to sweat it.
- The machine is sturdy without being too big. It weighs 11 lbs. It has built-in cutter to make your own size of bags from the rolls, and a retractable handheld sealer to seal canisters and containers. It also works with the marinator for that quick marinate.
Click here to see more features of the Foodsaver v4880
THINGS I LIKED AND DIDN’T LIKE
The Foodsaver V4880 Fully Automatic Vacuum Sealing System is my favorite machine in the kitchen. Here are the top reasons why:
- Automatic, hands-free operation.
- Auto-detects bags and automatically vacuum-seals.
- Pulse-Vac feature allows manual vacuum.
- It has a retractable hand sealer for zipper bags and containers.
- The hand sealer can also be used on the marinator for a quick marinate.
- Airtight seal because of its wide strip.
- Perfect size for a counter top, does not hog much space. Light enough if needs to be moved around.
Not everyone is a happy user. I may have a problem or two sometimes. Here are the disadvantages of this machine:
- It tends to eat up extra length of your bag because of its auto-detect.
- The auto-detect can be rather finicky, and you have to get the hang of holding the bag just right for it to be detected.
- The options on wet or dry food do not seem to make any difference. Besides, I freeze the wet foods before I vacuum seal.
Sometimes, I bake cookies in numerous batches, but sometimes, when I don’t have much time, I just mix the recipe, vacuum-seal it and freeze the dough. And when I need to bake them, I thaw it out and pop it in the oven. I save time, and I save money when buying the materials by bulk. It is the same story when I have the children bring homemade soup or pasta to out-of-town trips or overnight camping. In the absence of microwave, they can heat it in a bowl of hot water.
price of foodsaver v4880
I trust on my Foodsaver V4880 Fully Automatic Vacuum Sealer to make sure the quality of the food I preserve remains the same.
There are numerous FoodSaver users who have much to say about their own machines, and it is very enlightening and inspiring to know their stories:
- One of my favorite tips is when I have bananas for banana bread, but I don’t want to bake any for the moment, I can save and preserve the fruit by peeling it and vacuum sealing it in a bag before placing in the refrigerator. The banana can go up to weeks without discoloring and when I am ready to make banana breads, I can easily thaw and use it for baking.
- Another tip which I have tried and proven to be true is that you can include candles in the Survival Bag for camping trips. But to avoid any melting, freeze the candles before you vacuum seal them. If and when you need to use them, it would have thawed or cooled down by then that you can already light it.
- I have also followed one suggestion to seal in FoodSaver bags important documents like original birth certificates, property titles, bank documents and such. It makes sure the moisture does not get in, thus preserving the material of these documents.
- When we went on an outdoor trip once, I sealed in our phones and wallets so it does not get wet while on the boat ride. I have not tried yet, but intend to, a suggestion to use the PulseVac feature to seal in the camera in a bag and use it underwater while in the bag.
You still have some unclear points about this appliance? You are in two minds?
Reviews of foodsaver v4880
Still others can’t help but make comparisons of different brands and models. Here are some:
Comparison table 1
|Old model FoodSavers||Foodsaver V4880|
|Need to attach hose accessory||Built-in retractable|
|No built-in storage for rolls||With built-in storage|
|No built-in roll cutter||With built-in cutter|
|Manually put the bag in||Auto-detects the bag|
|Hold down the buttons to operate||Fully-automatic|
Comparison table 2
|Foodsaver V4880||FoodSaver Premium 2-in-1|
|Dimensions||Almost the same||Almost the same|
|Weight||11 lbs||15 lbs|
To each his own. In my case, my Foodsaver V4880 Fully Automatic Vacuum Sealing System fits our needs and lifestyle. When I bought it, it was also within the price range I was willing to spend. There are some tasks that do not need to be automatic. Like in the FoodSaver Premium, there is an automatic roll dispenser. You just press down a button and the roll appears and when you stop pressing down, it will stop at your desired length. I don’t really mind doing this manually so I still think my choice model of FoodSaver is the best. Buy it now.
MY HONEST ADVICE FOR YOU
If you are a busy mother or housewife, the Foodsaver V4880 model can be your best helpmate in the kitchen. It can be for your children’s school needs, food or for your family’s meals. There is no wastage of food because left-over’s are vacuum sealed and frozen to be enjoyed yet another day.
Get your own FoodSaver now and enjoy the convenience and the savings. Level up on your mommy skills and get baking on those cookies for your children’s school activities. Not only will you enjoy, but it creates a strong bond between you and your children.
Reviewed by Maia Monaldo from Massachusetts.