WHAT IS VACMASTER VP215?
VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer is a heavy-duty vacuum sealer with ¼ HP rotary oil pump. This feature enables it to vacuum seal non-stop without having to stop in between, because the oil pump does not overheat at all. It is also quieter to operate. It can be used on big size bags up to 10”w x 13”l. It makes a tight double seal so it preserves foods up to five times longer.
WHY DO WE NEED A VACMASTER VP215?
- If you want to preserve your food, then you definitely need a vacuum sealer. In our business, experience has taught us that we need to keep a tight lid on food costs. With the rising prices of products, that is near impossible to achieve. So we try to buy in bulk to enjoy savings and discounts. But we also do not want to compromise food quality so to keep it as fresh as the day we bought it, we vacuum seal it.
- But you ask, why do I need the VacMaster VP215 model? If you are going to use your vacuum sealer for a business, then you have to invest on quality and durability. This model has both. If you are a serious hunter or game fisherman, you will get to enjoy the fruits of your hunt for a long time – years even.
- The VP215 is heavy-duty and its rotary oil pump does not overheat. You can vacuum seal through the day without having to stop for the machine to cool off. It also does a great job of a tight double seal, making it impossible for air to enter the bags once sealed.
- It is a chamber sealer meaning you can use it to seal liquids without fear of it being sucked out. There would be no messy drips. It also does a mean sous vide, which is a cooking process needed to enjoy tender but succulent steaks. The meat is placed inside the bag and then inside the chamber of the VP215, adjust settings. After this method, the meat is thoroughly cooked.
TOP-NOTCH FEATURES OF OUR VACMASTER VP215
Not all vacuum sealers are created equal. The top features of the VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer are the following:
- It is a chamber vacuum sealer so it can easily vacuum seal liquids without fear of it being sucked out of the bag. The way it works is you open the chamber, put in the bag in the allotted space, with the open end towards you, then you seal it. The air outside the bag but within the chamber is sucked out along with the air inside the bag. Because of this system, air pressure both outside and inside the bag remain equal so liquids stay intact inside the bag.
- Because of this chamber feature, the VacMaster VP215 can also be used for sous vide, which is a method of cooking that tenderizes the meat but it retains its moisture, thus creating tender, juicy steaks. This is not possible to do using ordinary cooking methods. The meat can be too cooked and thus, dry, or juicy but raw.
- The Vp215 has ¼ Horsepower rotary oil pump which is a lot quieter than traditional vacuum sealers. It also does not overheat so you can vacuum seal away without having to stop to cool off the machine. It is efficient and dependable, and is easy to maintain. On your initial purchase, oil is included.
- It double seals and can do bags that are wide and long, it even works with mason jars as long as it can fit lying down inside the chamber.
- Easy to operate. On the left side is the ON lever, then you push the SET button in the front, adjust it using the UP or DOWN buttons. The unit will stop on its own, and you would know it by a popping sound, where the top lid pops to release air, but does not open because of the lever holding it down on the right side.
PRO’S & CON’S
Features we like:
- It can run continuously without overheating
- Multiple uses, like sous vide, mason jars
- Seals big-size bags
- More quiet
- See through top
- Easy to operate
we don’t like:
- Needs oil changing as maintenance
- Heavy and needs a cart to bring around
- Limited space inside chamber
The greatest benefit the VacMaster VP215 has brought us is its durability to seal big quantity without overheating. When we purchase 500 lbs of meat, it is meant to last a week or so, but we don’t want to put it in the freezer without vacuum sealing because freezer burns will change its quality. So we portion our meats in smaller quantities and vacuum seal each one. Because the ¼ HP oil pump does not overheat, we can do the work without having to stop and without compromising the seals. A lesser vacuum sealer will start malfunctioning or making bad seals when it is over-used.
EXPERIENCE FROM USERS
There were a couple of questions if VP215 can be used for mason jars, like for canning fruit preserves, and the answers were all yes. Specifically the quart jars which can fit the chamber when the jars are placed on their sides. Three of this jar can fit at one given time.
- TIP #1: to vacuum seal a Mason jar, leave the bands loose on the mouth of the jar. Put the settings to: vacuum cycle at 70 seconds. Seal at 0 seconds. Cool at 0 seconds.
Another user asked if the VacMaster VP215 can be used on Mylar bags, which is great packaging for coffee.
- TIP #2: to seal Mylar bags, just do the same process when using plastic bags.
One shared he brings his VP215 in his RUV when he goes hunting so he can easily and instantly clean and preserve his meats.
- TIP #3: to move your VacMaster VP215 with ease, use a multipurpose cart with wheels. The other shelves can also house the packaging materials.
Another user shared his comparison of the VP215 vs VP210. The VP215 has an oil pump vs VP210’s dry pump. This makes the VP215 faster in vacuum sealing and is quieter. He estimates that the oil pump of the VP215 will outlive the dry pump three times more. He had a VP210 before he bought a VP215, and although his older unit lasted him a year, he thinks he could have saved buying twice if he bought a VP215 in the first place.
- TIP #4: instead of buying low price, low quality, go for the big plunge and buy top quality. In the long run, it will still save you big money.
The VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer is a good equipment to have when you are in the food business. There is much to be saved when buying bulk. The VP215 ensures that what you purchase remains as fresh as when you purchased it. Because this machine is sturdy and intended for industrial use, you can use it non-stop without fear of overheating. It has multiple uses, too, like sous-vide, using it on mason jars and Mylar bags.
When you are looking for a vacuum sealer to buy, go for broke. The VacMaster VP215 may be a bit more expensive, but it will grow with your business. If you buy a smaller one intended for home use, chances are your 50 lbs. meat may spoil because of loose seal. Don’t put your business at risk.