|FoodSaver V2244 Pic||FoodSaver V2244 Vacuum Sealing System|
Rating of Our Expert:
FoodSaver V2244 Price
Foodsaver v2244 is compact and useful appliance with a mystical black. It seals tightly. With CrushFree and Starter kit, it helps you preserve a variety of foods.
FoodSaver V2244 Details
MY DAD’S STORY – A GARDENING ENTHUSIAST
A year ago, my Father, who has worked his whole life since he was only 19, finally retired. He started doing organic gardening, and we have been enjoying the fruits of his labor and love. We have green leafy vegetables, string beans, potatoes, squash, cherry tomatoes, assorted herbs and lemon. Since our children are 4, 2 and a month old, we can still terrorize them into eating vegetables. To preserve Dad’s products, we bought ourselves a FoodSaver V2244 Vacuum Sealing System, and we have never looked back.
We vacuum seal both raw vegetables and cooked vegetables. We also can them. Vacuum sealing extends their shelf-lives five times more so we are able to significantly extend the usage date of the vegetables. We don’t have to hurry much to eat all of them. We also save on trips to the grocer and big dollars on healthy vegetables. The best part is that we all know it is all organic, nurtured by sheer love by my Dad. There are no scary insecticides or fertilizers. Our foodsaver is really useful!
WHY WE BUY THE FOODSAVER V2244 SYSTEM?
FoodSaver V2244 Vacuum Sealing System is not just a food saver; it is a life saver.
Cooking can be very convenient. We can portion our raw foods based on our preferred serving size. The next time we open our freezer, we don’t have to claw through mounds of meat to find what we need.
Packing meals is also very convenient. We can cook in bulk over a weekend and vacuum-pack it for lunches over the week. We just easily grab one from the freezer before going off to work or school.
BEST FEATURES OF FOODSAVER V2244 MODEL
- The FoodSaver V2244 is a compact, countertop model vacuum-sealer. It is lightweight enough that you can move it around, but not lightweight enough compared to the handheld which is portable.
- It seals tightly, and totally protects the food inside.
- It is easy to operate.
- It has a wide sealing strip so you can be sure the seal is airtight.
- It has a CrushFree feature that makes it safe to vacuum and seal cookies, chips and delicate items.
- There is a drip tray that catches spills, if any. It is also dishwasher-safe so cleaning it is easy.
- The accessory port and hose can be used to seal jars and canisters.
- It has a roll compartment and cutting edge so you can use plastic rolls to customize the size of your bags.
- It can seal up to 11 inches wide.
Click here to see more features of the Foodsaver v2244
THINGS WE LIKED AND DIDN’T LIKE
Things we liked:
- The starter kit includes the much-needed necessities: accessory hose, gallon-size heat seal bags, quart-size heat seal bags and 11”x10’ heat seal roll.
- It can seal wider rolls than usual.
- It has a feature that can work with items that may easily crush like cookies.
- Its size is just right for the countertop. It’s small enough to fit in a cabinet, but big enough to be sturdy.
- Strong motor that can seal a few bags before you have to cool it off.
- One-touch seal operation.
- Drip tray is easy to remove and can be washed in a dishwasher.
Thing we didn’t like:
- May not possibly seal if you use recycled bags, or brands of bags are not compatible with the FoodSaver.
- FoodSaver bags are a bit more expensive than most.
If you like to save up by buying in bulk, or if you are like us with your own orchard or garden, then you need this FoodSaver V2244.
What good is there to buy in bulk and just let it perish in the freezer before you can cook it? Instead of savings, you still would have wasted your money.
What good is there to harvest all the squash in the garden only to have it spoil on the countertop?
When we use the V2244 model, we extend the life of our food by five times. The price that I pay to get our own FoodSaver can easily be recoup by the savings from purchasing in bulk. I assure that this is absolutely correct.
price of foodsaver v2244
In the process learn about the Foodsaver v2244, I have referred to the reviews of those who use it. They are my neighbors, relatives and colleagues:
- One FoodSaver user shares that they grill their meat in bulk, and then they vacuum-seal it for future use. One-time cooking actually translates to savings in both dollars and time. Next time you get a surprise guest for dinner, there is no need to slave over a grill to serve grilled chicken.
- Another FoodSaver user shares the motor is very quiet and the seal is done efficiently in less than 10 seconds. She also likes the feature that vacuum-seals with one push of a button, but you can control as when to stop the vacuum and shift to just seal.
- Still another FoodSaver suggests that you make sure you are putting the vacuum-sealing system on a flat surface that no part of it would be on a higher or lower level.
- FoodSaver user no. 4 suggests letting the machine cool in between seals. Even if our motor is powerful enough to go through many seals, he suggests just letting it cool for a few seconds after each seal to maximize the life of the machine.
- Finally, FoodSaver user no. 5 says her vacuum sealing system is the answer to her dilemma of having freezer burns when using ordinary freezer bags. When she vacuum-seals the food before freezing, it looks, smells and tastes way better compared with food that are not vacuum-sealed before freezing.
You still have some unclear points about this appliance? You are in two minds?
Reviews of foodsaver v2244
Before I bought the FoodSaver V2244 Vacuum Sealing System, I compared notes with my sister-in-law who bought their own vacuum sealing system but a handheld one. Ours is a countertop model. Here is a comparison of both kinds:
|FoodSaver V2244 Countertop||Handheld Vacuum Sealing System|
|Sits on the countertop||Does not take up space, can be stored in cabinets.|
|Sturdy||Portable, lightweight enough to be carried around|
|Needs electricity||Runs on batteries|
|Can seal bigger bags||Limited to smaller bags|
|Has a crush-free feature||None|
|Has cutting edge and roll compartment||None|
|Can use roll to make specific-size bags||Can only use standard-size pre-cut bags|
|Very secure and tight seal||Not so tight. Won’t store too long in freezer|
|Can work with jar attachments||Can work with jar attachments|
See more: Best vacuum sealer for sous vide
MY FINAL CONCLUSION
If your problem is how to save up on groceries, your answer is to buy in bulk, and to preserve it by vacuum-sealing.
If your problem is having too much supply of a good thing, like fruits and vegetables, you can make sure to extend the life of it by vacuum-sealing for later use.
If your problem is having left-over’s, vacuum-seal it and store.
If your problem is how to have healthy lunches that are quick to prepare, you can vacuum-seal cooked foods ahead of time and just heat it up for lunch.
To own FoodSaver V2244 model, your problems will be resolved get it now
Reviewed by Rebecca Clements from California.