|FoodSaver V4440 Pic||FoodSaver V4440 2-in-1 Automatic Vacuum Sealing System|
Rating of Our Expert:
FoodSaver V4440 Price
The FoodSaver V4440 2-in-1 Automatic is versatile, efficient and very easy to use. This appliance is the perfect combination of handheld and standard vacuum sealer.
FoodSaver V4440 Details
WHY I NEED FOODSAVER V4440?
I love to travel and travel a lot. In a 15-day period, in most cases, I would be on the road, on air or on water 11 days. Travelling accounts most of my time. I understand that airplane food, bus stop food or even hotel food can never take the place of home-cooked meals.
When I am home, I love to cook and take the opportunity to cook for friends, too. And when there is a party, it’s plenty of leftover. True, I have friends bring it home, but I also like to save some for myself for late-night homecomings. It can be quite sad to get home near midnight, famished. But with something frozen in the refrigerator, I can easily heat it up, and feel the comfort of being home.
With all this coming, going and cooking, I decided to invest in a vacuum sealing system. One, I don’t want to come home to spoiled food. Two, I don’t want to come home to good food with freezer burn. To get rid of the problems of food spoilage and inefficient storage system, I have picked a FoodSaver V4440 2-in-1 Vacuum Sealing System.
WHAT ARE THE HUGE BENEFITS OF FOODSAVER V4440?
- If you are looking to save money by buying food in bulk, this FoodSaver v4440 will preserve your food up to five times more than the usual so buying in bulk would not be a problem.
- If you think having all those extra food in the freezer will crowd it, the FoodSaver will make stacking your vacuum-sealed food easy. The packaging is so small that you can easily stock up. Then, you will save a lot of space in your refrigerator.
- This FoodSaver model does more than just vacuum and seal freezer bags. It also works on other containers like jars and canisters without need for an accessory hose. It also marinates food in just minutes. It truly is a versatile vacuum sealer.
THE MOST AMAZING FEATURES OF THE MODEL
- The FoodSaver V4440 2-in-1 Vacuum Sealing System is an external vacuum sealer that also has a built-in retractable handheld sealer to use on containers, zipper bags and canisters without need for an accessory hose.
- It is fully automatic and easy to use. It detects the bag and automatically vacuums and seals. It stops after a full seal.
- It also does a quick marinate, allowing good flavor to seep into your meat in just a few minutes, without need for an overnight marinate.
- The body is sturdy and with a sleek design, and is best placed on the countertop.
- It has storage for rolls so you can easily make your own bag of preferred size. This is advisable for meat products.
- When I purchased the machine, it came with a supply of roll and a few sizes of bags. It was a great start, and I was able to experiment on what sizes work best for me.
Click here to see more features of the Foodsaver v4440
THINGS I LIKED AND DIDN’T LIKE
Here is a list of what I like about my FoodSaver V4440 Vacuum Sealing System:
- It is versatile. It can vacuum and seal bags, containers and canisters, and can also marinate.
- Two in one vacuum sealer – there is no need for an accessory hose to use when vacuum sealing canisters and jars.
- It is sturdy and sleek in design, occupying minimal space on the countertop.
- It makes an effective vacuum and seal, and thus able to preserve food up to 5 times the usual.
- It is fully automatic so you don’t have to hold on to the bag while it seals, although if it is rather heavy, you might want to do that, of course. Otherwise, once it detects the bag, you can let go.
- User-friendly even for those who are not so keen about gadgets.
- The drip tray can be easily removed and washed.
- It has a built-in roll dispenser and cutter to make bags of your preferred size.
Here are the disadvantages of the model:
- It is rather finicky about the bags it uses, preferring only FoodSaver bags and rolls.
- Some say a hose attachment (and not a built-in retractable hose) to seal canisters and jars still does a better suction.
COMPARE FOODSAVER V4440 WITH FOODSAVER V2244
In the process of purchasing product, I have conducted to compare the Foodsaver V4440 with some other famous models to arrive at the final decision. Foodsaver v2244 model is one of them. The V2244 is the most popular vacuum sealer on the market. It is a basic model with an affordable price.
Here is comparison table between the two systems:
|Removable Drip Tray|
|Built-in Roll Storage|
|Automatic Bag Detection|
|Used for Vacuum Zipper Bags|
|Retractable Handheld Sealer|
I recommend the FoodSaver V4440 2-in-1 for those who want to preserve food using a versatile vacuum sealer. With just this automatic machine, I am able to vacuum seal bags and even canisters. I can also do quick marinates, and when I am feeling adventurous, it allows me to do a sous vide. That is the best feature of this foodsaver vacuum sealer for me.
price of foodsaver v4440
EXPERIENCE FROM USERS
I asked around about the experiences of other users and owners of the FoodSaver V4440 2-in-1 Vacuum Sealing System, and it was good to learn from them:
- I personally prefer using pre-cut bags to store my foods, but Jenny, another FoodSaver user, got me interested on making my own bags. It was a rather good experience to size, cut and vacuum seal my own preferred sizes, and I experimented on some meat for the bigger size, and some nuts for the smaller size. Because there is a built-in cutter and holder for rolls, it was rather easy to make those bags. In the long run, as suggested by Jenny, you also get to save because there is no wastage of material.
- A retired gentleman who has taken up organic farming in his backyard shares that with his FoodSaver, he was able to start a small business of canning the produce from his garden. He started giving it out as gifts, but people began to order from him and the business is booming. He says his vacuum sealer is efficient and so easy to use. He doubts he would have sustained the vacuum sealing if he were using a different machine.
- A homemaker in Miami taught me how to re-use bags. At first use, make it big. When you are ready to eat the contents of this first bag, cut very closely to the seal so you can still have a big portion of the bag. Wash with dishwashing soap, let it hang and air-dry. Then you can use it again, and so on.
- An office worker who is my neighbor said: “I like to eat soup so whenever I can, I make a big batch, freeze it in an ice cube tray. When it’s all frozen, I drop about 4 cubes into a bag, vacuum and seal. That is one serving of lunch. I do this for my homemade salsa, too. I save some inside plastic bags for personal use, and bigger portioning in a couple of jars. When I need to go to an instant party, I heat up the jar, and I am an instant party hit.”
You still have some unclear points about this appliance? You are in two minds?
FINALLY, GIVE YOU MY SINCERE ADVICE
Buy your own FoodSaver V4440 2-in-1 Vacuum Sealing System now and join the club of happy users and owners. It is so easy to use, and it does a great job of vacuum sealing my food, preserving it for a longer time in between my travels. It is fully automatic, and does not need rocket science to operate.
Reviewed by Elizabeth Proud from Washington.