Hi, I’m Abigail, a foodie and I also own a restaurant. My husband, James is in the wholesale and retail business of selling meat and fish. You can say ours is a marriage made in food heaven.
Preserving food fresh longer is very important for me. I don’t like to waste food or food materials. And that applies both to business and to our own home.
However, if not preserved right, you still have meat with freezer burn, that brownish-grayish discoloration that dries up meat. Or, you can have food materials with molds.
What then is the best method of preserving food? My favorite that has always worked for me is to preserve food using best Foodsaver vacuum sealers and their accessories.
In the vacuum sealer reviews, you will get the most useful advice from us to help you pick out the machine that best suits your needs.
Table of Contents
- Why Do You Need To Use The Best Vacuum Sealer For Your Food?
- 5 HUGE Benefits of Vacuum Sealer
- Which Is The Best Vacuum Sealer For 2017?
- Detailed Reviews On Best FoodSaver Vacuum Sealers
- Which Is The Latest Foodsaver Model?
- Compare Between Foodsaver Automatic and Manual
- Which Is The Best Vacuum Sealer In 2017 Aside From FoodSaver Brand?
- Which Is The Newest Vacuum Sealer Machine?
- Final Thoughts
Why Do You Need To Use The Best Vacuum Sealer For Your Food?
Here are top 5 reasons why you need a top quality vacuum sealer:
- Food affects the health and life of our family, and our clients. Food poisoning is mostly caused by spoiled food or improper way of food preparation;
- Freshness and food quality are preserved. Fresh salmon can stay for years vacuum sealed and frozen. When opened, it looks, smells and tastes like it was freshly-caught that same day;
- There is no wastage of food. When there is food left in catering jobs, I go the extra mile and vacuum-seal this for my clients, complete with food label and date stored;
- Bulk purchases can save on money, effort and time. My husband gives a significantly lower price for bulk purchases as against retail purchase. For the one purchasing, it is a big cut on food cost;
- Food preserved is tomorrow’s manna. Still on left-overs, my sister works a 9-5 office job. Whenever I cook way too much, I always make sure to vacuum seal single serve-portions for her lunch.
Best solution to food preservation problems:
I have looked into do-it-yourself solutions for food preservation, researched about equipment and even had professionals of various brands demo in my restaurant.
The best method to preserve food is to vacuum seal it, then freeze it. Food that is preserved by vacuum sealing lasts five times longer as compared to the same food just kept frozen or refrigerated without vacuum sealing it.
Vacuum sealing can be done using food bags or other containers like mason jars. In such case, you would need accessories like the sealing attachment that can work with your brand of vacuum sealer.
Best brands of vacuum sealers:
As I have said earlier, your brand and model of vacuum sealer has to fit your needs.
Here are the 6 top-rated vacuum sealers come from well-known brands in the market:
I will cut to the chase and make it easy for you. My personal favorite and the brand I use is FOODSAVER. I have a countertop vacuum sealer at home, a chamber vacuum sealer in the restaurant, and an outdoor model for James to bring when hunting or fishing.
FoodSaver is the #1 brand, trusted for years. It has different models which fit my needs. Each unit is very efficient in giving tight, good seals. I have never had a problem with loose seals. I have never had food wasted or spoiled once vacuum sealed.
FoodSaver provides full line of vacuum sealers, bags, rolls and accessories. FoodSaver’s products are diverse in design styles, features and prices – they are suitable for all needs of us:
5 HUGE Benefits of Vacuum Sealer
The topmost benefits relate to FOOD. Using vacuum sealer on your food means:
It saves food
Left-overs are not thrown out, but are preserved by vacuum sealing, putting proper label on, and a week from now, this can be your lunch in the office. Or, it can be a delicious meal for your surprise guests over the weekend.
It saves time
It takes one preparation, one cooking, and you are set for the week. I have friends who cook during the weekend enough food for the whole week. While they are still at work, their teenage children pop the food in the microwave, and it becomes a delicious home-made dinner.
It saves money
Buying wholesale always translates to big discounts. But while you save on food cost, you don’t compromise on quality, which is why it is important to seal in the freshness and quality of the meat or fish for future use.
It saves space
I am so proud of my freezer. It is a freezer of the wife of an avid hunter and fisherman. I always vacuum-seal his meat and fish, label it and efficiently store it in the freezer. When vacuum-sealed, the food bag shrinks so it allows me to put more food inside the freezer.
Other benefits of vacuum sealer:
- Get perfect sous vide. This is the method of cooking where meat (in most cases) is placed inside a food bag along with its seasoning and spices, then the bag is vacuum sealed. This allows a thorough infusion of flavors. Sealing it also ensures that when dunked in the water bath, water will not get inside the bag, and the seasoning will also not seep out of the bag.
- I can vacuum seal everything else. I vacuum seal important documents. When travelling, I vacuum seal my clothes so it can fit in the luggage. When my husband goes on a boat to fish somewhere, I vacuum seal an emergency pack for him that contains medicines, crackers, and in a separate bag, he has cellphone and flashlight.
Owning this machine we are protected by a Superhero.
Which Is The Best Vacuum Sealer For 2017?
Since food is our business, we take very seriously anything related to it. For instance, we did a thorough research and evaluation of our needs before we decided on purchasing a vacuum sealer. Your needs may be different from ours, but allow us to help you make the best buying decisions.
What do I need to know before purchase?
This part is all about you, and not about them. It’s not about which vacuum sealer is best, but it aims to help you identify why you need a vacuum sealer.
1 – Know your purpose for the vacuum sealer:
- What would most likely be the items you will vacuum seal?
- Is it food? Is it meat? Fish? Vegetables?
- How about the quantity of vacuum sealing? How many in one sitting?
2 – How do you plan to use it?
- How often do you intend to use it? Daily or not so often?
- Do you plan to bring it along like outdoors?
- What size is comfortable for you to bring around if needed?
3 – How much can you afford?
- Is your below $100 and below?
- Can you afford mid-range up to $200?
- Are you willing to invest for professional-quality units?
What are my criteria in choosing a vacuum sealer?
This is now the part you learn about the qualities, which make for the best vacuum sealers:
- High quality – It should be durable, will not easily break down, and will give you the best value for your money;
- High performance – You need a vacuum sealer that will efficiently do the work the quickest and most efficient way possible;
- Easy to use – You don’t want a machine you cannot use so get one that you can understand and learn how to use;
- High vacuum sealing efficiency – Your machine has to give you the best vacuum job, and the best sealing job. You don’t want loose vacuum or loose seals that can just result to food spoilage and wastage;
- Multi-functions – You want a machine that can grow with you, and can do more than just vacuum and seal food bags. The vacuum sealer is best if it is able to do quick marinades, vacuum seal other containers like jars and canisters.
Which machine is the best to buy in 2017?
As I have previously warned you, my personal favorite brand of vacuum sealers is the FoodSaver. This is also the most popular brand in the market.
As a natural result, the Foodsaver models are the best-rated vacuum sealer for our food.
By our seasoned experience, we highly recommend the 3 best-rated foodsaver models for your needs and money:
- FoodSaver 4980 2-in 1 Vacuum Sealing System (standard)
- FoodSaver V4440 2-in-1 Automatic Vacuum Sealing System
- FoodSaver FM2435-ECR Vacuum Sealing System
In the comprehensive vacuum sealer reviews, you will find most types of the machine in the market.
First, let’s go together into our foodsaver reviews and comparison.
Detailed Reviews On Best FoodSaver Vacuum Sealers
To make it really easy to understand, I have classified the foodsaver models into two different categories:
- Automatic models – it requires the least work from the user, as one push of a button can already get the job done. However, on the flip side, it also allows least control so some users are not comfortable with it;
- Manual models – as the name suggests, you push many buttons to get many functions done. If you are overwhelmed by automatic models, the manual will be easy to use; however, it will require participation from the user. On the flip side, it does allow more control.
Top 3 Automatic Foodsaver Models Reviews
Let us look closely into the below automatic foodsavers:
Best Automatic Foodsaver Models Comparison Chart
- Includes a retractable handheld sealer, which can be used for specially-designed re-sealable zipper bags, canisters and on mason jars;
- Fully automatic operation. It senses the bag and automatically pulls it in and starts the vacuum process;
- Features PulseVac which vacuum delicate foods without crushing them. Works great with chips and cereals;
- Also allows rapid marinade for flavorful meats and foods without need of overnight marinate;
- Has lights to keep track of progress, and also to indicate which function it is currently doing;
- Design includes a convenient built-in storage for rolls and built-in cutter;
- Also has a drip tray to catch stray liquid or crumbs;
- Comes in stainless steel silver color;
- Weighs 11.7 pounds.
- I was seriously considering this one because of the retractable hand sealer. With this feature, you get multi-functions on your machine, being able to use it on different kinds of containers, and not just limited to food bags;
- Ordinarily, when you purchase a vacuum sealer, you would have to pay extra for its attachments required to use it on canisters. With this model, though, there is no need to pay for attachments; it has a built-in retractable hand sealer.
Possible problem areas
- My main concern, though, were feedbacks of other users, which said the first part to break down was the retractable hand-held sealer;
- In some cases, it gave loose seals on jars and canisters. Some had issues about its retraction, and needed to be pulled a bit more forcefully. I have a tip for you that putting coconut oil on the tube of the suction device greatly helped in easing the retraction function.
My two-cents worth of opinion
I was considering this model, and even had a salesman demo the product for me. It was efficient in vacuum sealing containers and jars. And of course, it also performed quite well its main function of vacuum sealing food bags. It gave good, tight seals.
With its built-in roll storage and cutter, I can also use rolls instead of pre-cut food bags. I like this because my food stuff are sometimes too small, sometimes too large for ordinary bags so it is good option to make my own bags using rolls.
This mean machine makes vacuum sealing super easy with its fully automatic functions, and I love the PulseVac feature which makes it safe to vacuum seal delicate foods without fear of crushing them.
The 4980 model is the best-rated foodsaver vacuum sealer, known for its quality vacuum and seals, and general top performance. It’s worth every cent.
- Automatically detects bag and proceeds to vacuum seal;
- Has retractable sealer that can be used on canisters and jars;
- Weighs only 10 pounds;
- Comes in black color finish, with vertical design so it takes up less counter space;
- Options on settings for moist or dry food;
- Led lights will keep track of its operation, and will shut off once bag is vacuum sealed;
- Has built-in rolls storage and cutter;
- Can marinate meats and foods quickly. Save much time for us.
- Again, I would say its best function is its capacity to multi-function because of the handheld retractable vacuum sealer. It can vacuum seal food bags, containers, jars, and also do quick marinades. You can also use this on zipper bags;
- There is no need to purchase additional attachments so it is great value for your money.
Possible problem areas
- It seems there is a persistent problem for all models with retractable handheld sealers as the retraction can be defective. However, it is still efficient in vacuum sealing;
- When it doesn’t retract back, then you just have to put it beside the unit. No problem on function, just on aesthetics as it would really look nicer retracted. On the other hand, you can lubricate its tube with a bit coconut oil. Super easy!
FoodSaver V4440 vs. FoodSaver 4980 Comparison
- These two models are almost similar in functions. As to price, there is a small difference about twenty dollars or so with the V4440 as a more affordable unit;
- The biggest difference between these two foodsaver models is the PulseVac feature. The 4980 have it and the V4440 do not. PulseVac enables you to vacuum seal foods like crackers, cookies, chips, those that easily break.
2 Pro tips: No PulVac – No problems.
- You can completely control the process of vacuum by pressing the SEAL button at the right time. And of course you need a little skill to observe your food bags;
- Another very effective way is to use the Foodsaver containers below to replace my plastic bags when I need to preserve my delicate foods.
My two-cent worth of opinion
This, honestly, is my favorite model because of its versatile functions. It is easy to use, and it gets the job done very efficiently and with best results.
The vertical design makes it so sleek and it takes up so little counterspace. I love its design.
I am a sucker for automatic bag detection, because I have little patience and little time to do so many steps to get the bag in.
This FoodSaver is my secret to great steaks. I use it as my quick marinator. Instead of overnight marinate, I do mine quickly in less than an hour, and with delicious results. The flavors are full, and the meat succulent.
The Foodsaver V4440 is one of the most popular 2-in-1 models. For me this is the best foodsaver model to buy for home use. GREAT DESIGN!
- This one also has a retractable handheld vacuum sealer for use on other food containers;
- 9 pounds;
- Has an automatic feature of dispensing bag, and rewinding by itself, makes automatic bag cut and seal;
- Strong and quick vacuum function, can be done in ten seconds.
- The automatic bag-making feature is a blast. Just put the bag inside the machine, press dispense to get one bag out. Then you can press rewind to retract the other bags;
- Once you got the food inside the bag, put the bag near the mouth of the sealer. It will auto-detect it, pull it in and start the vacuum sealing.
Possible problem areas
- Aside from the usual retraction problem with the retractable handheld sealer, another inconvenience with this model is the auto-detect;
- In some instances, the bag is already half way pressed inside, but the auto-detect has not yet detected it, and therefore, the bag is not locked in and the vacuum sealing does not start.
FoodSaver Premium vs. Foodsaver 4980 Comparison
- Both have retractable handheld sealers, so you don’t need to purchase extra attachments to be able to use your vacuum sealer on jars and canisters;
- Both have automatic functions of auto-bag detect;
- The 4980 has the PulseVac, while the others do not. This feature vacuum-seals gently when its foods like crackers and chips that easily crush;
- FoodSaver Premium 2-In-1 Automatic Bag-Making Vacuum Sealing System dispenses bags automatically, so it has a container inside for the bags, no need to store it elsewhere.
My two-cent worth of opinion
I really find the handheld vacuum sealer a great help. I am glad I don’t have to buy anymore accessories to be able to vacuum seal jars and containers. Plus, I use this as a quick marinator.
There is amazing beauty when you are using these newer automatic models. It practically makes the job very easy and convenient. This Premium is one of the best foodsaver vacuum sealers, and is complete, comprehensive and very efficient.
Its bag-making feature is one of the newest among FoodSavers, and already it is creating waves because making bags from rolls can be rather time-consuming, but with this special feature in this model, work time and effort is cut by half. When you are vacuum sealing in bulk, this is a great help.
Top 3 Manual Foodsaver Models Reviews
I hope you are enjoying my two-cent worth of opinion. I have a whole piggy bank of opinions and right now I will share my research and opinion about manual foodsaver vacuum sealers.
If you live on automated machines, you would be surprised that manual vacuum sealers have its charm, too. That is more control when using them.
If you are fond of taking more control, I believe the manual model is right for you.
On that premise, let me give you my reviews on top 3 foodsaver manual models:
Best Manual Foodsaver Machines Comparison Chart
- Comes with a handheld sealer for use on jars and containers;
- Very durable stainless steel body that weighs only 7.7 pounds;
- Has a built-in storage for rolls, and built-in cutter;
- It has two settings for vacuum – for dry and for moist.
- Has an extra-wide sealing strip to ensure a tight seal;
- Easy 3-steps operation: put the open end of the bag into the channel, close its lid and lock in the bag in place, press vacuum and seal button;
- Easy to control – if you want to stop vacuum, press the seal button;
- If you just want to seal, but not vacuum, just press seal button;
- Can also do quick marinades with its handheld sealer;
- Handheld sealer can vacuum seal zipper bags.
Possible problem areas
- This model comes built-in with a handheld sealer, but it is not the retractable variety so there is no problem with retraction.
- Since you put in the bag manually, you can control how much space from the edge. A good two inches from the top, or about four fingers, could work just fine. While I suggested what works for me, it may not work for you depending on what food you put inside.
- For instance, the area near the opening should be kept from moisture or oil, and if your food inside has either or both, then you might have to allow more material from the edge. This can be a problem of sorts as it may require trial and error.
- For foods that might easily break, you have to do trial and error again as you don’t want too much vacuuming so at some point, you will have to press seals to stop the vacuuming. Press it too late and you will have smaller chips and cookies. Press it too soon, there still is air left in the bag that can cause spoilage.
My two-cent worth of opinion
This is an easy model to use, just three steps to operate it. It also has different settings for moist and dry foods. And I love best the handheld sealer, which is not retractable. The sealer on this model makes it possible to use on jars and containers so it gives you more ways to vacuum seal.
This is very user-friendly so if you are not the techy type, this will work for you. Efficient and quality performance that will give you best vacuum and extra-wide seals.
FoodSaver FM2435 is the best-rated foodsaver models in manual line. It has a sleek and compact design with many utilities. We can assert that the FM2435-ECR is a GREAT COMBINATION between a basic model and a 2-in-1 model!
We also have voted it is one of best vacuum sealers for sous vide cooking.
- Two seal settings for moist and for dry foods;
- Built-in roll storage and cutter;
- Comes with accessory hose for use on jars and containers;
- Very handy at only 5.6 pounds;
- Removable drip tray to catch crumbs or liquids.
- Easy operation – place bag with food in the sealing channel, close the latch, then press vacuum/seal button;
- Uses up lesser bag since the sealing element is up near the front.
Possible problem areas
- There are no adjustable speed settings. The presence of this feature is particularly helpful when vacuum sealing delicate items. In some newer models, there is the PulseVac feature that is specifically used when vacuum sealing chips, crackers or cookies. With this model, you play a guessing game and stop the vacuuming when you think it will crush your delicate foods. You do this by pressing the seal button.
- The 2435 have handheld sealers with it, while the 2100 only has an accessory hose with it. The handheld sealer is ready for use on containers and jars, while the accessory hose will still need attachments for use on containers and jars. You will have to purchase this separately.
My two-cent worth of opinion
This model is one of the most basic FoodSaver models, and the best among the manual models. It vacuums and seals without so much bells and whistles. It is very easy to operate, yet it does not sacrifice the efficiency of a FoodSaver vacuum sealer.
What I like best about this model is that its sealing strip is right up front, and it eats up less plastic material. Big savings on packaging, as much as 40%.
Also, because of its small size, I can bring it around, like when I have catering appointments. As an extra service to the client, I vacuum seal left-overs so they can share it or store it for future dinners. This model is so handy; it creates magic wherever I go.
The FM2100 is the best foodsaver machine under $100 for you. Super savings with the machine.
- Two vacuum speed settings;
- Seal settings – for moist and for dry foods;
- Easy operation: vacuum seal button;
- Built-in roll holder and cutter;
- Accessory port and hose;
- Very sleek and slim vertical design, weighs only 8.7 pounds.
- Seal function for delicate foods;
- Wide seal.
FoodSaver FM2435-ECR vs. FoodSaver V3240 Comparison
- Both models are manual, and rather easy to operate. The FM2435-ECR has a handheld sealer, which can be readily used on other types of containers, while the V3240 only has an accessory hose that still needs purchase of jar attachments so it can be used on it;
- The FM2435-ECR is a smaller and lighter-weight model. Both have built-in storage and cutter, and both have dry and moist settings. However, only V3240 has the vacuum speed settings; the other model does not have this. With this feature, you are able to choose a setting for delicate foods and non-delicate.
Possible problem areas
Very basic vacuum sealing functions, but still efficient in making tight, good seals. It comes with accessory port and a hose, but would still need sealing attachments for use on containers and jars.
My two-cent worth of opinion
At its very affordable price of under $100, this model is a very smart purchase.
It has two speed settings so you can use it on delicate foods. It already comes with a hose, and that is already big money savings. Because of this accessory, it gives this machine the capacity to multi-function, for use on bags and also on jars and containers.
Its vertical design is so sleek; it does not take up a lot of counter space. The V3240 is the best foodsaver vacuum sealing system for the money.
Which Is The Latest Foodsaver Model?
The model below has an innovative design. Its design provides a completely new approach to the users; at the same time, it shows the great creativity of Foodsaver.
- Open sides for easy loading of rolls, and it is easy to see when rolls need refilling;
- Comes with retractable handheld vacuum sealer;
- Vacuum view window so you can see which part of the bag you are sealing, thus reducing wastage of bags and rolls;
- Two seals on top, and on the bottom to make it easy to use rolls;
- Vertical design so the bag being sealed is held up, causing juices to be in the bottom part, which makes it a handy sous-vide tool;
- Two seal options for dry or moist foods.
- Has an express bag maker feature, which uses the lower seal and a cut bar;
- When putting a new bag in, it is easier with the open belly design, then you feed the bag out from the front area up to the white line. Then you close the cut-off bar;
- One-touch operation on the vacuum and seal bar.
Possible problem areas
- Instead of pressing one button to vacuum and seal, this model requires you to hold down a vacuum seal bar in the upper portion of the machine.
- Because of its vertical design, some say they stack up books or containers to hold the bag in place, and not have it hang loosely about. Personally, I like it that the bag is held upright. In most countertop models, the bag lays on the countertop. When it’s upright, the sauce or the liquid stays in the bottom and is not being sucked out.
My two-cent worth of opinion
The best feature of this model is it’s a great tool if you are using food rolls, and not pre-cut bags:
- One, rolls are cheaper;
- Second, you are able to customize your size;
- Third, no wastage of materials.
The efficiency of bag-making though was prioritized, and the most essential function of vacuum sealing took a back sit because to operate the vacuum sealing, you have to push on both sides of the bar on top. When you are working on a big bag, you have to hold it up a bit because of the weight so pushing that bar requires some acrobatics.
The New Foodsaver is a top model for beginners. Save your time with the interesting choice.
Compare Between Foodsaver Automatic and Manual
You know, the Foodsaver brand not only carries good quality products, they also offer diverse models for varying needs of consumers.
To give you a comprehensive evaluation, we have chosen the two most typical models to compare them together. They are top-notch models and we love them so much:
- FoodSaver V4440 2-in-1 Automatic Vacuum Sealing System (BEST CHOICE)
- FoodSaver FM2100-000 Vacuum Sealing System
2 Typical Foodsaver Models Comparison Chart
|Bag Material Saving|
We shall compare the FoodSaver models based on five aspects:
- The V4440 is the Mercedes Benz of vacuum sealers. It looks good and works even better. It offers versatility with its different settings for moist / dry food;
- It is also fully automatic. Place the bag near the seal strip and it will automatically be captured. To operate, press one button, and it will automatically stop when done;
- You can do a dozen seals without fear of overheating. This mean machine is able to vacuum seal non-stop because of its higher-capacity motor. You don’t have to stop in between seals;
- If the V4440 is a Benz, the FM2100-000 is the old trusty beetle. It gets you around the same efficient way the V4440 vacuums and seals. However, technology has added an upgrade to this old machine. It is installed with efficient features that will save you from having wastage as much as 40%. This model is manual.
Best for performance is FoodSaver V4440 2-in-1 Model because of its multiple functions. This one unit offers versatility as a standard vacuum sealer and as a handheld sealer. It vacuums and seals bags effectively with less effort, also canisters and jars.
V4440 is useful for liquid-rich foods, also be used to marinate meats. Its machine is built tough and able to vacuum seal continuously without stopping.
- The V4440 is fully automatic so it is easy to use. There is an automatic bag detection feature. Then press one button to start the vacuum and seal. It will also automatically stop when done;
- By default, it vacuums and seals for dry food, but there is a button that can adjust it to moist (Vacuum sealing liquid foods of V4440 like raw meat and fish is better than when compared with the Fm2100 models);
- You can also keep track how far along it is in its vacuum sealing through its performance light found along with the other buttons;
- Even its retractable handheld sealer is easy to use. Way easier than having to use hose and attachments. So although this model is versatile, it still remains user friendly.
- The FM2100-000 is totally manual. To put the bag in, lift the lid and then line up the bag along the strip. Close the lid, and use the lever on the right side to lock it in place. There are two buttons to choose from – seal or vacuum and seal. If you are just sealing in a bag of chips, then press seal;
- If you want to preserve a bag of uncooked chicken, then press the button vacuum and seal. When both lights are up, it means it is done. That’s all!
Best for usability is FoodSaver V4440 2-in-1 Model because it is fully automatic and thus, very user-friendly. This model has multi-functions of being a standard vacuum sealer and a handheld sealer yet it remains easy to operate.
The remaining model can also be used to vacuum seal jars and canisters but you would need to buy hose and jar accessory. Then you have to attach it to the port. In case of the V4440, the sealer is built-in so you just pull it out and use it.
To optimize the use of the machine and bring the greatest utilities for you, we strongly recommend using together with the following accessories because they are the best-rated accessories for your favorite FoodSaver.
- FoodSaver V4440 2-in-1 Automatic Model retails at higher price. Understandably, though, since it packs a wallop of versatility;
- It functions as both as a countertop vacuum sealer, and as a handheld sealer. It means it is so easy and convenient to use with different kinds of containers like zipper bags and jars. Also, its higher cost is still worth its value because of the inclusions of assorted sizes of bags and rolls.
- FoodSaver FM2100-000 Vacuum Sealing System is akin to a typewriter in the world of Ipads and tablets. Yes, it is a affordable term of price, and you get what you pay for – the very basic functions of a vacuum sealer;
- However, you also get value for your money with the starter set which includes quart bags, gallon bags, roll and accessory hose for use on other kinds of containers;
- What’s more, this model has new technology features that results to 40% less wastage in the bags and rolls. So the cost-effectiveness of this machine goes beyond your savings during the initial purchase because you continually save money when you use less rolls and bags.
Best for Cost is FoodSaver FM2100 Vacuum Sealer because your dollars go a long way on this one. You get the functions, albeit very basic, of a vacuum sealer and you save tons of money on the inclusions of the starter kit and its new technology that boasts of less wastage.
In considering the cost of an item, don’t just base on the bottom-line figures; also put value on the freebies and savings you get so you can choose the model that is most cost-effective.
- The V4440 is usually colored black. It is sturdy-looking and would fit in any kitchen. It does not stand so tall, or so long, but its attraction is its solidity. It wouldn’t be easily knocked over because it practically squats on the countertop;
- The operation buttons and retractable sealer are visible and accessible in the front part of the machine. It has a built-in roll storage and cutter.
- The FM2100-000 is a plain Jane in a world of ‘Devil Wears Prada’. It is smaller since its features are just the most basic, without the frills;
- What you see is what you get, but it does get the job done. There are a few buttons on the upper right, and operation is made simple.
Our pick for design is FoodSaver V4440 Automatic – the solid and compact model. Its design is user-friendly, which is more important than aesthetics.
First-time users will not be overwhelmed by the array of buttons and switches. The buttons are well-placed and easy to use. It also has a drip tray and built-in roller and cutter.
While design may not seem an important factor to consider, it is worth mentioning that the crux of a model’s design is on its usability and efficiency.
- The dual function V4440 weighs the most at 10.0 pounds but you wouldn’t know it because of its compact design. This is the model you wouldn’t want to cart around. It is heavy because of its retractable handheld sealer and built-in roll holder and cutter. Just let it sit on the countertop and work around it;
- The FM2100-000 is a flimsy 6.6 pounder, no heavier than a newborn baby. This is a lightweight so you can bring it with you if you want to, like to a food fair or something. This is a good model if you have a food business on the road, like catering, and left-over’s are vacuum sealed for the client.
Our pick for portability is the FoodSaver FM2100 Model because it is light and compact. Its body is strong enough to accompany you on every trip.
Pro tips: You have a tremendous passion for hunting or you are professional fisherman. Because of that, you should not ignore the following best foodsaver vacuum sealers for fish and wild game – they are great choices for you.
They own the most dedicated features to help you meet all your needs in each journey. They are lightweight, super-portable and powerful.
FOODSAVER MODELS CONCLUSION
You get what you pay for. If you invest big money, you get top of the line features. In the same way that a limited investment gets you limited functions.
However, if it is simply to get vacuum and seal done, any of the above models will do a good job at it. The variations in their features matter depending on your usage of it.
Then the question is which foodsaver model is the best?
Our pick for BEST is the FoodSaver V4440 2-in-1 Automatic Model.
Owning this model is a comprehensive solution to your food preservation. You will get high-tech automatic functions to help you perform the vacuum sealing process quickly and efficiently.
The Foodsaver V4440 has a strong, solid motor inside its sturdy body. It is neither flimsy nor easy to break. It is able to do the sealing continuously without overheating so there is no danger of breaking the machine or wastage of wrong seals.
Although the V4440 can function as both standard sealer and handheld sealer, it is easy to use because it is fully automatic. The buttons to operate are easily visible and accessible.
FoodSaver V4440 2-in-1 Automatic Vacuum Sealing System is the perfect choice for those who can maximize the functions of this machine. It can seal bags, jars and canisters. It can also do a quick marinade of your meats. I can assert that the V4440 is the best foodsaver vacuum sealer for home use.
As I have previously said, I am a big FoodSaver fan. We own three vacuum sealers of this brand, and I have personally given out a dozen or so to friends for some occasion or another.
Because food is my first love, and incidentally, is our business, then anything related to it has gone through a process of thorough research and experimentation.
For instance, the original owner of the FoodSaver brand is the Tilia International, which was eventually bought by Jarden Corporation in 2002.
However, as I believe in fairness and in making decisions based on full knowledge of facts, then I shall also include a review on other brands of vacuum sealer.
Which Is The Best Vacuum Sealer In 2017 Aside From FoodSaver Brand?
In the vacuum sealer reviews, let’s take a look at the three best vacuum sealer machines in the market. They have received the most votes from the experts in our Food Adviser team.
- KitchenBoss Vacuum Sealer (BEST CHOICE)
- Crenova VS100 Vacuum Sealing System
- Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealing System
|KitchenBoss Vacuum Sealer|
Top 3 vacuum sealers reviews
1. KitchenBoss Vacuum Sealer (BEST CHOICE)
What I like best:
- Very sleek and compact, weighing at only 3.5 pounds. I think my purse weighs more than this equipment;
- Three options to operate: automatic vacuum and seal, or use only the seal function without vacuum, and the Inching option for manual-controlled vacuum;
- Easy operation: put the open bag into the vacuum sealer chamber, then close the lid and lock it. Now press vacuum and seal button. It will automatically stop when done, and you just need to open lid to get the food bag out;
- The Inching Function when using manual vacuum sealing, for use on moist or fragile foods. Press on the Inching button while you want to continue with the suction process. When working on delicate foods, you don’t want to crush them. When done with vacuum, let go of Inching button, and press Seal button;
- Comes with accessory hose for use on canisters and jars;
- It has a built-in storage for its electric cord;
- Can seal up to 11.8 inches wide bag material;
- Rather quiet operation.
What I like least:
- It does not have built-in roll storage, so you need to keep those in the cupboard. For those units with built-in roll storage, it is very handy to be able to see how far along you have consumed your rolls so you can prepare for a new one;
- It also does not have a built-in cutter, so when you are using rolls, you need to have scissors handy to cut the material;
- There are some users who complain the vacuum is weak, but I think they have not perfected yet using the inching button.
How to get the best of this vacuum sealer:
This KitchenBoss Vacuum Sealer is a good mix of automatic and manual functions, and I really like it that the option is with the user. If it’s a quick and easy vacuum seal, there is just one button to press, and when it stops, it’s all done.
I also like the manual function of being able to control the extent of the suction or vacuum process. But it can go either way; you either get it right, or you get it wrong. When you get it right, you have crisp and full cookies and chips. If you get it wrong, air would still be trapped inside the bag and your cookies can get stale and lose its quality.
I firmly believe, though, that it does not take a genius to figure out the Inching function, so try this machine and don’t be afraid to make a few mistakes at the start. Soon enough, you will get it right.
The KitchenBoss is the best food vacuum sealer outside of Foodsaver brand. It is very compact and easy to use. The machine is also good for sous vide cooking.
What I like best:
- Price-wise, they offer a very affordable and reasonable price for a unit that already comes with food bags, ready for use;
- Very lightweight at only 3.1 pounds;
- It seals fast, like in a few seconds;
- Vacuum power is strong at -80KPa;
- It has upgraded features with wide sealing width of up to 3mm for a tight sure seal;
- It is a rather quiet machine to work with;
- Easy, user-friendly operation, just press vacuum seal button;
- The Pulse function can be used for delicate foods and also for wet foods. The look is structural, with LED lights which indicates the function under operation;
- The machine is also compatible with any brand of food bags.
What I like least:
- The Pulse button is one of its best features, if not the best, because it gives the user full control of how much to vacuum before sealing. Well, it’s not much to complain about, but keeping that finger on the Pulse button can take its toll after a while. But then, it’s nothing a few minutes of rest can’t remedy;
- It also lacks an accessory port so you cannot use it on other containers, like mason jars and such. For the same reason, you cannot also use this vacuum sealer as a quick marinator;
- It also does not have built-in roll storage and cutter. So you store the roll elsewhere, like in the cabinets, and have a pair of scissors handy. When a unit has a built-in cutter, it is so efficient to just slide the cutter from one end to another to cut the rolls.
How to get the best of this vacuum sealer:
Using the Pulse button works this way: Press down on the Pulse button to suction air out, watching delicate foods remain intact. When you see it has reached its maximum level before breaking it, release the long press, and press Seal button.
This is the same process when vacuum sealing wet foods. Long press on the Pulse button until the juices are almost at the open end of the bag, then let go of the long press, and use the Seal button now.
I love this machine, but it takes some getting used to to get the best results from its Pulse action. While it gives user full control, it takes a few practices to get the right vacuum. Sometimes, it can be too much thus having liquids sucked into the vacuum sealer, or not enough vacuum it can still damage your food.
It is just a shame, though, that it does not have an accessory port where you can put an attachment to vacuum-seal foods inside jars and containers. It really does limit the functions of this vacuum sealer.
Get this Crenova VS100 Vacuum Sealing System if you work with delicate foods or wet foods. The Pulse button will do you good. I also like the super wide seals that really ensure no loose seals.
What I like best:
- This may be the most affordable unit among the choices, especially that its starter kit also comes with the unit and packaging;
- It is not light enough, at 7 pounds, but it won’t break your arm if you carry it;
- One-button automatic operation. Just press the vacuum-seal button, and it will turn itself off once done;
- There is also a Seal button for just sealing, or to override automatic suction operation especially with delicate foods;
- Has a built-in storage for rolls, and a cutter;
- Can be used on bags up to 11.8 inches wide;
- Option to extend seal for wet foods by putting the seal time switch on Extended mode;
- Powerful vacuum operation using piston pump.
What I like least:
- It needs some rest time in between seals, but only for a couple of minutes;
- It does not include accessories for use on other containers;
- The strong vacuum of the piston pump also equates to loud noise during vacuuming;
- While there seems to be no negative feedback on the vacuum results, a couple of users complained about loose seals.
How to get the best of this machine:
I am old-fashioned, and an old-fashioned piston pump gets me all the time. When a vacuum sealer has the piston pump, you are assured of a real good vacuum or suction process. You would find, too, that none of the reviews complained about inadequate vacuum. It also means that your machine can outlast your lifetime because of its durability.
I also like the switch for Extend seal, best used on moist foods. It would ensure no loose seals so no leaking of liquids from the bag. When you have all your vacuumed food bags inside the freezer, you don’t want to have a loose seal on a big dripping with bloody water from the meat.
If you are looking for affordable yet quality vacuum sealers, Nesco VS-02 is a good option to start with.
Which Is The Newest Vacuum Sealer Machine?
If you are a beauty lover, if you love technology and you are looking for a vacuum machine of innovation with advanced technology.
Yes, I think this product is born for you.
What I like best:
- The complete set includes a home base, four containers and vacuum bags;
- A very novel idea with its easy access storage boxes;
- Gives you options on how to store your foods – using the containers or the bags;
- The home base itself is huge, 16 in in length, 7.5 inches in width and 6.5 inches depth so you can put many things inside to keep vacuumed;
- The containers come in three sizes – 1 gallon, ½ gallon and ¼ gallon;
- The set comes in matching very attractive colors like green, white and yellow;
- The containers can be used as containers, or where you can do a quick marinate, or where you can do some pickling of fruits and vegetables;
- The containers can be stored in the freezer, or in the pantry;
- The containers have small windows on the sides so you can see its contents;
- To operate using home base: open by pressing button on the front, put the foods to be vacuumed inside the home base, and then close it. Vacuum process will automatically start;
- To operate using the containers: plug in the home base, and attach the container to it with the cord. Press the button found on top of the home base, and in 90 seconds, the vacuum is done. You can keep your food in the container until you use it. It will remain fresh and in top quality;
- The containers are re-usable so in the end, you save on food bags;
- Vacuvita also has a phone app where you can keep track of what’s inside your home base or containers, with data when it will expire, and it will also alert you when its near that expiration date.
What I like least:
- It weighs 15 pounds so it’s not really something you want to cart around. You would need a permanent space for it in your kitchen to avoid having to move it;
- Expensive, but all novel ideas are;
- Once the home base is plugged in and the lid is closed, it will just automatically remove air so it can go off unexpectedly when it detects air inside;
- To open base to remove food inside, you have to plug it in. When there is no electricity, you cannot get the food stored inside.
How to get the best of this vacuum machine:
One member of us called it a fancy bread box with vacuum power. When you are done with your bread, put it inside the box and it will keep fresh while inside. So yes, it does sound like a fancy bread box.
I seriously would like to try this vacuum system because it is novel, and it actually translates to savings in bags. What you can do is put foods together, like in one container, it can be all fruits with no need to bag them individually. In the other, it can be coffee, grains, cereals in individual food bags.
There is not much data on its electrical consumption considering the base has to be plugged in to open and close it. But after doing the vacuum process, you can just unplug and leave the base closed and untouched until the next time you need something, then you have to plug it in. As for the containers, you can easily open and close it.
The Vacuvita is a very convenient food storage system. It is the best food saver machine for creative ideas. Very worthwhile to experience.
Well, we gave you so many options to choose from. We also gave you so much data to process because I really believe you can only make the best decision when you have full and complete knowledge of facts.
Friends, remember, at the end of the day, before you decide on what brand or model to purchase, always think of what your needs are. When you are definite about this, you cannot be led astray.
Let me remind you, too, that a vacuum sealer can be the best equipment you have in your kitchen. It will save you money, time and effort, and you can do magic with it.
For all these models with retractable hand sealers, the magic is on making yummy fruit and vegetable preserves. No wastage when you have an abundance of fruits and vegetables, and even when it’s not on season, you can enjoy it if you vacuum seal it. Yummy!