What do you know about FoodSaver Brand?
FoodSaver brand is the leader, the #1 brand about vacuum sealing system on the market.
FoodSaver provides full line of vacuum sealers, bags, rolls and accessories. FoodSaver’s products are diverse in design styles, features and prices – they are suitable for all needs of customer. Our most customers are satisfied with FoodSaver’s products.
Reviews and Comparison of Top Rated FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing Systems
In the reviews and comparison, we provide the top notch information on the best rated models of the FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing System.
This brand of vacuum sealing machines not only carries good quality products, they also offer diverse models for varying needs of consumers.
If you are reading the comprehensive FoodSaver reviews and comparison before choosing which model to purchase, then you are in the right track. Here is best to do in-depth research before shopping.
Our reviews compare the top rated FoodSaver models as follows:
#1 – FoodSaver V4440 2-in-1 Automatic Vacuum Sealing System (BEST CHOICE)
Overall Foodsaver Models Comparison Chart
We shall compare the FoodSaver models based on five aspects:
- FoodSaver V4440 2-in-1 Automatic Vacuum Sealing System retails at the highest price. Understandably, though, since it packs a wallop of versatility. It functions as both as a countertop vacuum sealer, and as a handheld sealer. It means it is so easy and convenient to use with different kinds of containers like zipper bags and jars. Also, its high cost is still worth its value because of the inclusions of assorted sizes of bags and rolls.
- FoodSaver GameSaver Deluxe Vacuum Sealing Kit is mid-price. Its feature is also midway through the versatile top-of-the-line V4440 and the very basic FM2000-000. This model is a good mix of automatic and manual. It is user-friendly and also includes a starter kit with all the essentials of rolls and bags, which give you big savings.
- FoodSaver FM2000-000 Vacuum Sealing System is akin to a typewriter in the world of Ipads and tablets. Yes, it is the most affordable in terms of price, and you get what you pay for – the very basic functions of a vacuum sealer. However, you also get value for your money with the starter set which includes quart bags, gallon bags, roll and accessory hose for use on other kinds of containers. What’s more, this model has new technology features that results to 40% less wastage in the bags and rolls. So the cost-effectiveness of this machine goes beyond your savings during the initial purchase because you continually save money when you use less rolls and bags.
Our pick for cost is FoodSaver FM2000-FFP because your dollars go a long way on this one. You get the functions, albeit very basic, of a vacuum sealer and you save tons of money on the inclusions of the starter kit and its new technology that boasts of less wastage. In considering the cost of an item, don’t just base on the bottom-line figures; also put value on the freebies and savings you get so you can choose the model that is most cost-effective.
Normally, the price is the first element to be considered. Aims to help you choose easier, we offer some top-rated foodsaver models in the affordable line:
|FoodSaver V2244 Vacuum Sealing System|
The foodsaver is one of the most popular vacuum sealers with shiny black and user-friendly design.
|FoodSaver V3240 Vacuum Sealing System|
The V3240 impresses with a vertical design saves space; it also owns some very convenient features for user.
- The V4440 is usually colored black. It is sturdy-looking and would fit in any kitchen. It does not stand so tall, or so long, but its attraction is its solidity. It wouldn’t be easily knocked over because it practically squats on the countertop. The operation buttons and retractable sealer are visible and accessible in the front part of the machine. It has a built-in roll storage and cutter.
- The GameSaver Deluxe is the actual beauty. It is built to withstand being carted around, particularly in the outdoors. The buttons are all in the upper portion. It looks sleek and clean, especially that most units are white. It also has built-in holder and cutter for easy storage of the rolls. At the back, there is the holder for the hose and for the electric cord.
- The FM2000-000 is a plain Jane in a world of ‘Devil Wears Prada’. It is the smallest since its features are just the most basic, without the frills. What you see is what you get, but it does get the job done. There are a few buttons on the upper right, and operation is made simple.
Our pick for design is the solid and compact FoodSaver V4440. Its design is user-friendly, which is more important than aesthetics. First-time users will not be overwhelmed by the array of buttons and switches. The buttons are well-placed and easy to use. It also has a drip tray and built-in roller and cutter. While design may not seem an important factor to consider, it is worth mentioning that the crux of a model’s design is on its usability and efficiency.
- The V4440 is the Mercedes Benz of vacuum sealers. It looks good and works even better. It offers versatility with its different settings for moist / dry food. It is also fully automatic. Place the bag near the seal strip and it will automatically be captured. To operate, press one button, and it will automatically stop when done. Its retractable handheld sealer makes it easy to use on canisters, jars and zipper bags. This mean machine is able to vacuum seal non-stop because of its higher-capacity motor. You don’t have to stop in between seals.
- The GameSaver Deluxe can do 25 seals without break. After the 25th, put it off to cool down. It also makes a strong and air-tight seal. It can be used to do a wide seal so you can use it to seal in game fish or meat. This machine is designed to be brought around so it is compact and steady. When you use vertical models on big and heavy meats, the vacuum sealer may tip over because of the weight. This is not a problem with the GameSaver Deluxe.
- If the V4440 is a Benz, the FM2000-000 is the old trusty beetle. It gets you around the same efficient way the V4440 vacuums and seals. However, technology has added an upgrade to this old machine. It is installed with efficient features that will save you from having wastage as much as 40%. This model is manual.
Our pick for performance is the FoodSaver V4440 because of its multiple functions. This one unit offers versatility as a standard vacuum sealer and as a handheld sealer. It vacuums and seals bags effectively with less effort, also canisters and jars. V4440 is useful for liquid foods, also be used to marinate meats. Its machine is built tough and able to vacuum seal continuously without stopping.
Besides the V4440, you can learn more about some of the other great products in high performance line that our experts have picked out:
|FoodSaver New FM5000 Series Vacuum Sealing System|
FoodSaver New FM5000 owns modern and innovative design with features that are extremely necessary for the preservation of your daily food. Beginners can operate the machine easily with the included useful starter kit.
|FoodSaver FM2435-ECR Vacuum Sealing System|
FoodSaver FM2435 is one of best rated foodsaver models. It has a sleek and compact design with many utilities. We can assert that the FoodSaver FM2435-ECR is a great combination between a basic and a fully automatic machine!
|FoodSaver v4840 2-in-1 Automatic Vacuum Sealing System|
Foodsaver 4840 is also a top-notch 2-in-1 automatic vacuum sealing system similar to the V4440; it is very popular.
- The V4440 is fully automatic so it is easy to use. There is an automatic bag detection feature. Then press one button to start the vacuum and seal. It will also automatically stop when done. By default, it vacuums and seals for dry food, but there is a button that can adjust it to moist (Vacuum sealing liquid foods of V4440 like raw meat and fish is better than when compared with the remaining two foodsaver models). You can also keep track how far along it is in its vacuum sealing through its performance light found along with the other buttons. Even its retractable handheld sealer is easy to use. Way easier than having to use hose and attachments. So although this model is versatile, it still remains user friendly.
- The GameSaver Deluxe is a good mix of automatic and manual. If you are vacuuming, it has two options on speed control – normal or high. Normal is for dry food and high for moist. If you are sealing, you also have two options – dry or moist foods. Just press the buttons of your choice and then press start. In terms of usability, this model gives you wider range than the most basic FM2000-000. But having a few more buttons to press can be overwhelming for some.
- The FM2000-000 is totally manual. To put the bag in, lift the lid and then line up the bag along the strip. Close the lid, and use the lever on the right side to lock it in place. There are two buttons to choose from – seal or vacuum and seal. If you are just sealing in a bag of chips, then press seal. If you want to preserve a bag of uncooked chicken, then press the button vacuum and seal. When both lights are up, it means it is done. That’s all!
Our pick for usability is the FoodSaver V4440 because it is fully automatic and thus, very user-friendly. This model has multi-functions of being a standard vacuum sealer and a handheld sealer yet it remains easy to operate. The other models can also be used to vacuum seal jars and canisters but you would need to buy hose and jar accessory. Then you have to attach it to the port. In case of the V4440, the sealer is built-in so you just pull it out and use it.
To optimize the use of the machine and bring the greatest utilities for you, we strongly recommend using together with the following accessories because they are the best-rated accessories for your favorite FoodSaver.
- The dual function V4440 weighs the most at 10.3 pounds but you wouldn’t know it because of its compact design. This is the model you wouldn’t want to cart around. It is heavy because of its retractable handheld sealer and built-in roll holder and cutter. Just let it sit on the countertop and work around it.
- The GameSaver Deluxe weighs mid-range at 8.25. While it is easy enough to cart around, especially outdoors, it is heavy enough to be stable and not waiver or topple down when a big chunk of meat is being vacuum sealed on it. It also has a built-in roll holder and cutter. It is a good blend of portability and stability. Recommended if you are into game fishing or hunting. Seal in the freshness of your catch with this vacuum sealer.
- The FM2000-000 is a flimsy 5.9 pounder, no heavier than a newborn baby. This is a lightweight so you can bring it with you if you want to, like to a food fair or something. This is a good model if you have a food business on the road, like catering, and left-over’s are vacuum sealed for the client. However, this does not have a built-in roll holder and cutter.
Our pick for portability is the FoodSaver GameSaver Deluxe because it is built to be portable, especially for those who are enthusiasts of outdoor activities. The body is sturdy and compact, and would not easily topple when heavy meat is in the bag for vacuum sealing. When we pick for portability, we don’t only pick the most lightweight among the choices, but we also consider durability of the machine both when used and carted around.
(*) You have a tremendous passion for hunting or you are professional fisherman. Because of that, you should not ignore the following best foodsaver models for fish and wild game – they are great alternatives for the GameSaver Deluxe.
They own the most dedicated features to help you meet all your needs in each journey. They are lightweight, super-portable and powerful.
(*) Do you want the perfect tender meat?
You should pick the Best FoodSaver Vacuum Sealer for Sous Vide Cooking.
>>> OUR CONCLUSION
You get what you pay for. If you invest big money, you get top of the line features. In the same way that a limited investment gets you limited functions. However, if it is simply to get vacuum and seal done, any of these models will do a good job at it. The variations in their features matter depending on your usage of it.
Final Foodsaver Machines Comparison Chart
Our top pick among the three is the FoodSaver V4440 2-in-1. While it is highly priced compared to the others, you get high-tech automatic functions. This means it is easy to use and also that it has more than just one use so the product is maximized. So its high cost still remains cost-effective because of what you can do with it.
The Foodsaver V4440 has a strong, solid motor inside its sturdy body. It is neither flimsy nor easy to break. It is able to do the sealing continuously without heating up so there is no danger of breaking the machine or wastage of wrong seals.
Although the V4440 can function as both standard sealer and handheld sealer, it is easy to use because it is fully automatic. The buttons to operate are easily visible and accessible.
FoodSaver V4440 2-in-1 Automatic Vacuum Sealing System is highly recommended for those who can maximize the functions of this machine. It can seal bags, jars and canisters. It can also do a quick marinade of your meats. Those who have restaurants or food businesses will really benefit from using this model. It is the perfect choice, do not ignore!